Wednesday 13 May 2015

the Ubik

At February half-term I headed to Fontainebleau for a week which was great fun, even though we had rather rough weather (two and a half days out of a week isn't great). I was keen to try a few tricky blocs but the fickle conditions cut short our opportunities to try hard and we seemed to struggle to get going. I did manage to nail Ubik 8a+ at Les Mammoths which was great and I felt the sit start may have come together if the rain hadn't of stopped play...next time! Ubik is a great problem; bullet rock, high, dynamic, a big pinch and a campus finish, so good. Blacky has put some footage on Vimeo, check it out.
In between Font and Easter hols I hammered the Cave and made good progress on my project, then it was off to Switzerland for two weeks with a big team from the Shire. We seemed to climb everyday as the weather was glorious and mainly hung out at Chironico as there was lots for everyone and we couldn't really be bothered driving to Magic Wood. The last time I climbed in Chironico was nearly tens years ago, so it was great to get stuck in.
Although I had a couple of brief sessions on a couple of tough problems, I focused on trying to climb things quickly. At the end of our stay I felt like I'd really acquainted myself with the area and knocked off a good crop of 8a's. It was great to climb in such a beautiful place and hang out with the crew.
Since Easter I've taken some time off from climbing, but over the last few weeks I have been back on the case by training consistently and I've even bought a new harness...we'll see if I actually use it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment