Wednesday 12 January 2011

High Fidelity

On Bank Holiday Monday just after New Year I finally made an ascent of High Fidelity 8b at Caley. Although I've had a few sessions on it every winter for the last couple of years, progress has, to say the least, been a little slow! However once I'd sussed the moves around the undercut and prepared the jump to the pocket I knew it was on.

With Caley in perfect condition and Blacky spotting I went for the lunge to the pocket on my first go but fumbled, fell and only narrowly hit the mats. Then after a couple of frustrating and rather stressful tries, I latched the pocket...I was pleased to say the least!

High Fidelity is such a great line and with only five ascents (Dunning, Moon, Earl, Birch...what a role call!) in seven years it must be pretty tricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment