Sunday 16 September 2012

Rocklands 2012 continued

It was great to see some beastly performances from wads (Jan Holger? etc) but I was probably most impressed with our own Barney Ventham from 'down south'. He got himself up a brace of classics and nailed Black Shadow 8a+/8b and Armed Response hard 8a+. Barnaby is a really nice guy and one of the strongest climbers I've seen for a while and at only 18, he's a name to watch out for in the future.
I felt like I had a good trip...three weeks is never enough! I managed to dispatch some unfinished business from last time, get something done most sessions and slowly 'drag' how hard I can climb in a session up a grade!
My 'monkey business':
Loads of 7a+/7b...manaaged to flash four 7c's and a 7c+...fun.
A Question of Balance 7b,The Rhino 7b+,Potato Direct 7c,Cedar Spine ss 7c,Last Day in Paradise 7c,Sunset Arete 7c, A Pinch of Herbs 7c,Tea Garden Roof 7c,Rooi Klavier 7c,Rasta Roof 7c+, Black Mango Chutney 7c+,Barracuda 8a, Green Mamba 8a+, Nutsa 8a+, A tea with Elmarie 8a+ and Fragile Steps 8b.
Can't wait to return in 2013...we've booked already...it's not that good honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment